New program for Egypthian youth involvement:
Khatwa aims to strengthen youth involvement in civil society in Egypt through civic education. The program aims to empower social change and tackle regional needs through active citizenship education, by providing capacity building for active young people.
Through seminars, training with peer-to-peer facilitators, and project design and implementation, participants are motivated with tools and skills to be active citizens. It is implemented in cooperation between El Sadat Association (http://el-sadat.org) and Theodor-Heuss-Kolleg (http://theodor-heuss-kolleg.de).
The program in short:
- "Kick off" event and orientation meeting on Jan 30th, in Cairo
- 1 Seminar in Dahab, either “Me, My Community, My World” to take place 16-23 February 2014 or “Identity Every Day” 27 February – 6 March)
- A project management seminar which will take place in April, location TBD
- A reflection seminar, location & date TBD
- Mentoring sessions which will take place online and in person
- Develop, present, and implement a small-scale, sustainable project
To apply for the program, please submit your completed application to KhatwaMasr@gmail.com by Friday, 17 January 2014. : dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14960159/CfA-participants-Egypt.docx