In 2013, the Palestinian architect Lana Judeh, the Lebanese composer Joelle Khoury, the Syrian interdisciplinary artist Nabil Maleh and the Egyptian filmmaker Mohammed Shawky Hassan participated in The MacDowell Colony’s new Voices of Change program. You can be part of MacDowell’s artist community in 2014. Artists from the Middle East working in all artistic disciplines are encouraged to apply for residency. The next application deadline is January 15 for the Summer 2014 session. Those accepted will receive Voices of Change Fellowships covering all costs of a residency of up to two months in Peterborough, New Hampshire, USA, including:
• Exclusive use of one of 32 studio cottages spread across 450 bucolic acres
• All meals and living accommodations, including picnic lunches delivered to studios
• International travel reimbursement and needs-based financial aid
• Immersion in a new cultural environment and peer exchanges with other artists of many different disciplines and backgrounds
• Opportunities to present work to public audiences through the Colony’s community programs
One of the world’s leading artist residency programs, MacDowell serves more than 275 artists each year, many of whom travel internationally to participate. With the guidance of the Arab Fund for Arts & Culture (AFAC), MacDowell is reaching out to give artists working in regions of political and social change the peace of mind to concentrate fully on their work, to share ideas freely with their peers from other cultures, and to develop new perspectives in their creative practices.
The deadline for Summer 2014 residencies is January 15.
To Apply, click here