National Coordinator: Zimbabwe Theatre Association (ZiTA)
Working with the four ZiTA national clusters which are: Cluster 1: Manicaland,Masvingo, Midlands. Cluster 2: Bulawayo, Matabeleland North, MatabelelandSouth. Cluster 3: Mashonaland East, Mashonaland West, and MashonalandCentral Cluster 4: Harare (Ruwa, Chitungwiza, Norton); the ZiTA National Coordinator will report to the ZiTA National Management Committee under the supervision of the National Chairman. The National Coordinator is responsible for the strategic direction, leadership and operational management of ZiTA and represents ZiTA with the Government, Local and international partners in the country. S/he will take the leading role in developing, overseeing, reviewing and monitoring of the ZiTA strategy and in ensuring alignment with relevant national policies and plans.
Key responsibilities include: membership mobilisation (including motivation, retention), programmes/projects management, fundraising and networking.
- At least five (5) years working experience in the creative sector
- At least 3 years working experience working in management positions
- Strong People and networking skills
- Strong experience in strategy, program formulation and implementation
- Familiarity with and commitment to theatre development, production, promotion
- Familiarity with and commitment to participatory methodologies;
- Knowledge of current thinking and aspirations of the local theatre sub-sector
- Computer skills Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level conceptual, strategic thinking and analysis skills
- Strategic decision making
- Adaptation skills: work in a culturally diverse environment
- Decision-making and problem solving skills
- Communicate with impact with various stakeholders
An Application and CV should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 February 2014. Salary and benefits will only be disclosed to shortlisted candidates and during interviewing. ONLY shortlisted applicants will be contacted.